GLOBE-Net, September 2, 2013 – GLOBE, working closely with NRC-IRAP Pacific, has been engaged to provide a suite of mentoring and technology review services for a select group of pre-commercial British Columbia-based companies in environmental and clean technology related sectors as part of a 10-month pilot project.
GLOBE Advisors, in partnership with GLOBE Performance Solutions (a provider of technology-based solutions and the designated delivery agent for Canada’s Environmental Technology Verification Program), will provide business mentoring, advisory services, and technology and/or product reviews relative to currentor projected market demand for up to 15 BC companies selected for this pilot project.
Mentoring Program Benefits
- Gain a better understanding of the critical factors that will enable companies to grow in highly competitive clean technology markets;
- Develop strategic long-term business and marketing plans to support growth;
- Receive expert third-party assessments of acompany’s technology and/or product(s) from seasoned experts;
- Benefit from the GLOBE Group’s extended network in order to demonstrate and showcase a company’s product and/or technology;
- Identify market opportunities for a company’s product(s) and/or solutions; and
- Better position a company against domestic and international competitors.
GLOBE’s Cleantech Mentoring Process
- Evaluation of the company’s immediate short-term (0-3 year) business requirements, including product positioning, availability of cash flow and financing, staffing and human resources capacity, and existing and future channels to market;
- The company’s vision, objectives, and long-term (3-5 year) strategic growth plan;
- A review of pertinent documentation pertaining to any pre-commercial product or technology that may figure largely in the market penetration plan for a company;
- Mapping of immediate and long-term strategic business needs leveraging on GLOBE’s global network to help companies better position themselves for real business opportunities; and
- Provide targeted business advisory support to help commercialize technologies.
This project is a cost share initiative with the bulk of the funding for the services provided coming from NRC-IRAP Pacific. Companies selected to participate in the program will be expected to contribute a nominal fee for the services to be provided.
Is Your Company Eligible?
Due to the limited funding available for this pilot project, a careful screening of potential candidates is necessary to ensure that support is provided to companies that are ready to enter the commercial market.
The GLOBE Group, working closely with NRC-IRAP Pacific, has developed a set of criteria that will help to assess how best we can help your company with its strategic growth plans.
A questionnaire will be provided to applicants to help determine the best mix of business mentoring and/or technology / product review services.
How to Apply?
Download the Call for “Expressions of Interest” from Small and Medium-sized Cleantech Companies in BC
GLOBE is currently accepting Expressions of Interest (EOI) from eligible companies for this initiative. Please email us at email@example.com before October 1st, 2013 with the subject line: “GLOBE IRAP CLEANTECH EOI“