Less Than One Week Left to Apply for the GLOBE Awards 2014
GLOBE-Net, January 21, 2014
Did you know that since 2002 the GLOBE Awards for Environmental Excellence have recognized both small and large Canadian businesses? You still have one week left to apply to these Awards which are widely regarded as the most prestigious business and environmental accolades in the country.
Each year The GLOBE Foundation proudly supports the commitment of business leaders by recognizing outstanding achievement in environmental stewardship with the GLOBE Awards for Environmental Excellence. Considered to be the most high-profile national awards series of its type, the GLOBE Awards are judged by a panel of experts recognized in the Canadian business community.
Past winners include some of the biggest companies in Canada – Unilever Canada, Canadian Tire, Tetra Pak Canada, RBC – as well as companies with emerging technologies like Diacarbon Energy, Terragon Environmental, Nexterra Energy and Tanalus Systems to name just a very few.
Join the ranks of some of the most progressive companies in the nation: categories for 2014 are.
- The Award for Corporate Environmental Excellence – This award will be presented to a Canadian corporation with a proven record of environmental stewardship that has materially contributed to economic competitiveness through a commitment to environmental excellence that is integrated with a corporate-wide approach to sustainability.
- The Award for Excellence in Emerging Technology -This award will be presented to a Canadian company that has made valuable progress in the advancement of current environmental technologies or is on the cutting-edge in pursuing new, and emerging, technologies. It will recognize the technology with the most promising potential to provide the greatest financial return from broad commercial application.
- The Award for Technology Innovation and Application – This award will be presented to a company or group of companies that has demonstrated outstanding technical ingenuity in the development and / or application of an innovative technology with a significant environmental application. This technology will have a proven track record through commercialization.
- The Award for Excellence in Urban Sustainability – This award will be presented to a local government, private sector company, or consortium which has developed and applied outstanding urban sustainability principles.
- The Association Award for Sustainable Leadership – This award will be presented to an organization representing an industry, sector, or business collaborative that has shown leadership by going beyond regulatory compliance to develop a collective commitment across their sector or industry to improved environmental performance through research, development, and education in partnership with governments, non-governmental organizations, communities, and other stakeholders.
Companies can apply for an award, or multiple awards, directly or third party companies (such as public relations, media and/or marketing agencies) can apply on behalf of clients as well.
Winners are announced from a short list of finalists at the exciting GLOBE Awards Gala Luncheon attended by hundreds of delegates, speakers, VIPs and media.
For more information, please visit: http://theglobeawards.ca or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE = Monday January 27th