All content, including text and images, appearing on the GLOBE-Net website (this “Website”) is the property of the GLOBE Foundation of Canada, or is used by it under license or with the permission of the copyright owner, and is protected by international copyright laws. Such content does not constitute material in the public domain under such copyright laws and is subject to the restrictions on use set out in this legal notice.
Except as noted below, select materials on this site are free to copy, display and redistribute for non-commercial purposes only under the following conditions:
- Attribution: You must clearly attribute the work as indicated on the page in question, and provide a link back to the work on GLOBE-Net. You must also clearly indicate if any modifications were made.
- Publications: Many publications, cited or linked to on GLOBE-Net, often carry a more restrictive copyright owing to the policies of the other organizations. Please check the title pages of publications for specific copyright terms.
- Photographs: Most of the images featured on GLOBE-Net and in linked publications have either been licensed under non-transferable terms, or have been acquired from photo sharing sites that have their own policies for public use. Unless indicated otherwise, permissions described above will not apply to photographs and images used on this site.
- Charts, Graphs & Maps: Charts, graphs and maps frequently employ data from third parties. GLOBE-Net cannot grant permissions to the original data used in these charts, although, such permissions may be granted by the owners of the data. In these cases, please contact the third party organizations directly to ask about reprints or reuse permissions.
- Third party Articles: GLOBE-Net frequently reprint materials on the basis of a ‘one time only’ basis with the express permission of the author. Such articles usually carry attribution notices and as such the permissions described above will not apply to these works.
Apart from the conditions noted above, no part of this Website may be copied, reproduced, posted, transmitted, published, stored, re-distributed or otherwise exploited for any other purpose in any form or by any means without the express advance written permission of the GLOBE Foundation of Canada.
Information on obtaining permission to use or distribute the contents of this Website please contact: Editor, GLOBE-Net c/o GLOBE Foundation of Canada. tel: 778-229-7461, fax: 604-695-5019, email: email@example.com.
Despite the foregoing limitations, visitors to this Website are permitted “fair dealing” of this Website’s content without express permission. “Fair dealing” includes the making of one copy of copyrighted materials for research and educational or private study purposes.
Where any content of this Website is copied, reproduced, posted, transmitted, published, stored, re-distributed or otherwise exploited in accordance with this legal notice, all documents and communications containing such content, including other Internet websites, must acknowledge the source of the content by providing a source citation stating “Source: GLOBE Foundation of Canada Internet Website” followed by the full URL of the source pages and the date of extraction from this Website.
The GLOBE Foundation of Canada makes no express or implied warranty about the accuracy, usefulness, merchantability or fitness for any purpose of any content appearing on this Website, whether owned by the GLOBE Foundation of Canada or any other person or entity.
The GLOBE Foundation of Canada does not guarantee the accuracy of any information available on this Website and assumes no responsibility for the use of such information. In no event will the GLOBE Foundation of Canada be liable to any person or entity for any costs or damages of any kind whatsoever, whether based on contract, negligence or tort, or any punitive, exemplary, incidental, consequential or special damages or any loss of profits, business use or data, resulting from any use of any content available on this Website.
The presentation of any views or opinions expressed by any experts or specialists on this Website does not constitute or imply any endorsement of such views and opinions by the GLOBE Foundation of Canada, and such views and opinions do not necessarily reflect those of the GLOBE Foundation of Canada.
The GLOBE Foundation of Canada provides links to other websites (a “Linked Website”) which may be of interest to users of this Website (each a “User”) solely for the convenience of such Users. These links will allow a User to leave the GLOBE Foundation of Canada Website.
The Linked Websites are not under the control of the GLOBE Foundation of Canada and the GLOBE Foundation of Canada does not endorse nor assume responsibility for any content contained on any Linked Website. Nor does the GLOBE Foundation of Canada assume any responsibility for any changes or updates thereto, or any content contained on links contained in a Linked Website.
The GLOBE Foundation of Canada is not responsible for Webcasting or any other form of sound or video broadcasts received by any User from any Linked Website. The GLOBE Foundation of Canada is not able to inspect or confirm the correctness or accuracy of any content contained on any Linked Websites and makes no express or implied warranty about the accuracy, usefulness, merchantability or fitness for any purpose of any content contained on any Linked Websites.
Acceptance of These Terms