Guest article by John Mason
Did you know? – Every 8 out of ten Americans shop online, 51% of which use their smartphone to carry out the activity. Mobile devices are all set to rule the entire e-commerce market and therefore if your business does not have an application in place, it’s time to consider developing one.
The revenue generated by mobile e-commerce is expected to increase up to $669 billion in the current year which shows a remarkable growth of this medium. After looking at these staggering statistics, here are some essential steps you should take to grow your customer base:
- You must have all your web pages optimized for mobile use. A website that takes more time to load is sure to turn off the potential customer. Around 40% of customers using a mobile device end up leaving a web page if it takes longer than 3 seconds to load.
- Ensure that the mobile experience customers have is powerful enough to make them return to your brand. Remember that the kind of experience a customer has while using your mobile application or web page determines his/her action. Thus, to convert these viewers into customers, you must provide a positive mobile experience.
- Have an optimal application ready for use. While fully optimized web pages serve the purpose, an application had a higher likelihood of generating a loyal customer base. When customers have your application’s icon showing up on their phones constantly, they become more comfortable about engaging with your brand.
- Offer Convenient Payment Methods. Having an application is one thing; you must also set up a trusted and easy to use payment process. This will make shopping from your e-commerce platform incredibly convenient and reliable.
- Provide prompt customer service through your mobile application. The importance of customer service is undoubted all over the world. Fortunately, mobile applications that have the live chat feature can provide customers with 24/7 help and support. Thereby, increasing the satisfaction levels of customers and keeping them loyal to your brand.
So, make sure that your business is mobile-ready with convenience and reliability as its two main features.
Read more in “77 E-commerce and Online Shopping Statistics for 2018”
You can see the full visual here.
John Mason is one of the writers behind TheBestVPN.com. In his free time, he gives consultations and writes about privacy-related concerns, news, politics and technology