SDTC Issues Call for Applications
Ottawa, August 26, 2015 – SDTC is offering the opportunity to get funding for cleantech development projects. The SD Tech Fund™ and the SD Natural Gas Fund™ are open for applications from August 26 to October 14, 2015.
Through the SD Tech Fund™, SDTC supports technologies that address the challenges of Clean Air, Soil, Water and Climate Change, including technology solutions focused on these current technology priority areas:
Responsible Natural Resource Development:
- Unconventional oil and gas and metals and minerals exploration and development: World-leading sustainability methods and processes to improve the exploration, development and value-added processing of unconventional oil and gas, metals and minerals.
Remote and Northern Community Utility Systems:
- Northern renewable energy: Adaptation and demonstration of clean and emerging renewable energy technologies and systems for remote Arctic communities.
Energy Efficiency for Industry and Communities:
- Efficient freight and heavy-duty vehicle transportation: Technologies related to next generation freight and heavy-duty vehicles with reduced carbon footprints, including EV powertrain technologies, vehicle light-weighting, advanced trains, heavy-duty vehicles and aircraft, or technologies related to EV and CNG/LNG infrastructure that will enable broad adoption.
- Industrial efficiency and productivity: Technologies that encourage resource efficiency in industrial processes.
Next Generation Technologies with Longer-term Benefits for Canada:
- Combustion-free primary energy conversion technologies: Technologies that convert primary energy sources to carbon-free energy carriers such as steam, electricity or hydrogen without combustion and with negligible emissions or waste production.
- Sustainable Agriculture and Food Security: Technologies that reduce the usage of water, increase yield and improve drought resistance of agricultural crops.
- Biodiversity Protection and Enhancement: Solutions which mitigate biodiversity loss resulting from industrial/human activity.
The SD Natural Gas Fund™, a collaboration with the Canadian Gas Association, focuses on the following priority areas.
- Residential (small-scale affordable CHP units, ultra-efficient water heaters, technologies that improve the efficiency of residential heating and/or cooling).
- Commercial (technologies that improve the efficiency of heating systems, measurement and data management to better control natural gas consumption, natural gas cooling systems).
- Industrial (higher-efficiency industrial heating equipment, CO2 capture systems, less energy-intensive hydrogen production).
- Power generation (higher efficiency power generation, emissions control technologies, natural gas storage solutions for remote locations).
- Transportation (more efficient and lower emission natural gas engines, alternative natural gas engines, lower-cost solutions).
- Renewable natural gas (technologies that improve cleanup economics, cost-effective small-scale anaerobic digesters).
“Recent reports peg the Canadian cleantech market at $12 billion”, said Leah Lawrence, President and CEO, Sustainable Development Technology Canada. “We look forward to working with entrepreneurs and technology developers from all corners of the country to get their cleantech innovations closer to market.
For more information and Application Details, visit https://www.sdtc.ca/en