July 14, 2015 – Ontario is calling on climate change action champions to apply for the 2015 Minister’s Award for Environmental Excellence.
This award recognizes outstanding contributions by Ontarians who fight climate change by:
- Reducing greenhouse gas emissions
- Improving air quality
- Making communities more resilient to climate change
- Showcasing proven ways to fight climate change
Across the Americas, subnational regions including Ontario are leading the way on climate change policy.
On July 9, 2015, Ontario and 22 other states and regions signed the first-ever Pan-American action statement on climate change in Toronto. The statement includes commitments to support carbon pricing, ensure public reporting, take action in key sectors, and meet existing greenhouse gas reduction agreements.
Fighting climate change and protecting air quality is part of the government’s economic plan to build Ontario up.
The four-part plan includes investing in people’s talents and skills, making the largest investment in public infrastructure in Ontario’s history, creating a dynamic and innovative environment where business thrives, and building a secure retirement savings plan.
- Applications will be accepted until Friday, Oct. 30, 2015
- Since 2011, there have been 21 award winners and 19 honourable mentions.
- Download the guide and application form